Sherpa Panorama Hotels Pvt. Ltd. , previously known as Everest Sherpa Resort is a spectacular “Mountain Hotel/ Lodge” located at an altitude of 3,841 m. (12,598 ft) above sea level. It is our newest quality tourism establishment in the Everest region. The architecture and intricate interior design resemble that of a typical Sherpa home. Its intricate interior design and decorations reflect a perfect Sherpa culture. Wide glass windows allow guests to enjoy magnificent views of towering mountain peaks in all directions. Mt. Everest, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Lhotse, Nuptse, Island Peak range, Kusum Kangaru, Kangtega and world famous Tyangboche monastery are visible to the east right from the comfort of your rooms.
To the west, Thame peak, Rolwaling peak range and many unnamed mountain peaks are visible. Lobuche peak, Cho-la peak, Tawache peak and Khumbila (holy peak of Everest region) are visible to the north. Lukla Valley, Bhote koshi river and Dudh koshi river and long Green Valley are visible to the south of the hotel.
Our hospitable staff comprised of local Sherpa and Sherpani to make sure your stay will be a memorable one.
We are always at your service !
Dorjee Sushil Sherpa
Managing Director of Sherpa Panorama Hotels (SPH), Mr Sherpa has more than 30 years experience in the Nepalese tourism industry particularly in hotel, resort, trekking and mountaineering sector.
Here is a short list of his experience in the different national organizations involved in the tourism sector.
- Trekking & Mountaineering Workers Association of Nepal – Central Committee President, 1986 to 1991
- General Federation of Nepalese Trade Unions (GEFONT) – Central Committee Member, 1986 to 1991
- Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA),- Executive Member, 1992.
- Hotel Management & Tourism Training Centre (HMTTC) – Training Instructor, 1990 – 1994
- Trekking & Mountaineering Guide & Instructor 1983 till date
- Managing Director Mr Dorjee Sushil Sherpa has successfully completed a branche specific training for exporters on marketing and management of exports in the EU – Markets on March 2-7, 2010 in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- Received CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE for the SME link project from June 2008 to December 2010 awarded as winner of the 3rd SMALL ENTERPRISE EXCELLENCE (SEE) AWARD organized by SME link project, funded by the European Commission implemented by PlaNet finance. Certification decision was taken by a certification consisting of one representative from PlaNet Finance, Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal and Federation of Woman Entrepreneurs Association of Nepal each, based on the Quality Management System Standard for Small and Medium Enterprise. A non- accredited certification standard.
Ang Lami Sherpa
Executive Director of SPH and she is also the promoter and shareholder of the company. She is a professional tour guide especially for Buddhist Circuit and Himalayan region.
SPH has 11 full time staffs and 10/12 seasonal staff working at Syangboche. It has its marketing, reservation and administration office in Kathmandu with 4 full time employees. Dorjee Sushil Sherpa, MD of the Company looks after management and marketing and Ang Lami Sherpa, ED looks after administration. A Manager permanently based in Syangboche and one in Kathmandu, is responsible for the daily management of the Resort.
It is our pleasure to share that Everest Sherpa Resort has successfully completed MAST Nepal project (Marketing Assistant for Sustainable Tourism Network), in Sep. 2006 to July 2008, almost two years training program, organized by Nepal Tourism Board (NTB), SNV, United Nations Environment Program. Now, it has improved its’ services in terms of accommodation, food & beverages, safety arrangements, communication, interior decoration, social involvement as well as sustainable & responsible tourism practices.
SPH is proud to be the pioneers of environmentally sensitive nature tourism in Nepal.
- Use washing and toilet facilities provided or if none are available, make sure you are at least 30 meters away from any water source. Bury excreta and toilet papers and use biodegradable toiletries. Avoid the use of non-biodegradable items as much as possible.
- Support measures to reduce pollution and improve the environment
- Avoid dispute with local people most particularly when you are alone. Avoid drunkards and lunatics.
- Do not become intoxicated and be careful of accepting unknown intoxicating agents.
- Do not encourage beggars by giving them money or articles.
- It is recommended not to travel alone in the remote areas while travelling in Nepal particularly in the case of females. If you do not have fellow trekkers as companion, you should engage a Guide/Porter through a Govt. Registered Trekking Agency. Do not engage a Guide/ Porter except through a third party who has responsibility for the person engaged.
- Before the trekking tourist should know or prepared about High Altitude Sickness, medical matters, physical fitness, mental preparation, list of clothing, equipment, personal effects.
- All the photos given above are real ones, not artificial.
- Please walk through left to right(clockwise) make stupa and mani on the trail
A large range portion of the 25 % profit earned by this company will be spent for rural development, scholarship for poor & talented students from backward communities, and to promote hygiene and environment.